[ 2D / 3D / fur / mon / alt ] [ bc / ptr / rs ] [ dis / md ] [ Discord ] [ Telegram ]

/dis/ - General Discussion

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
FilePermitted files: JPG, PNG, MP4, WebM. (Why not GIF?)
Use the following services to convert GIFs: MP4 WebM
Password (For file deletion.)

File: 1549998225618.jpg (39.24 KB, 900x1200, DzN94JlVsAE7tu4[1].jpg) ImgOps Exif Google iqdb

No.608

For the last few days, he's been talking about suicide and depressive stuff, and now he stopped posting after posting this pic. I'm really worried about him. Does anyone have a direct line to him that can check on him?

No.610

wonder if his work getting shared all over the net has anything to do with it…

No.611

>>610

He claims that it isn't; I mentioned the lashing he got from people on u18chan for his latest Zootopia comic, and he claimed he didn't know of that place. Not sure if that is true, though.

No.612

https://twitter.com/Roku6enashi/status/1095506256733720576

Okay, he's fine. Good. I was getting really worried.

No.613

>>611
wouldn't be the first time incessant sharing ruins everything

No.617

Maybe from burnout? I don't really follow all of his art/patreon but I imagine trying to get five images out monthly would get exhausting after a while. Especially with the level of detail he puts into them.

No.622

>>611
>the lashing he got from people on u18chan for his latest Zootopia comic
What was wrong with his comic? Furries really are fucking weird.

That being said, imo Roku's an amazing person in the bara community. Kinks aside, he's very hard-working (can't imagine the amount of hours he pours into coloring his drawings), talented, generous (posts hefty uncensored previews of each pack), very communicative with his fans, and still maintains the quality even though his art packs keep getting shared every month. It's only natural that he needs a break from this because I assume he also has a day job on top of drawing bara art.
He might not be reading this but he should know that there are many fans that are grateful for his hard work. Most bara artists now just hole themselves up in their Patreon account and don't have much social media presence and/or go on long-ass breaks after delivering content but Roku's probably one of the most awesome bara artists.

No.623

>>622
He communicate if you are a Patreon of him.

No.624

>>622
Agreed, he's a fucking gift for he community

No.625

Rokudenashi is the proof that if you are a chill artist that does a lot of amazing works and tries to keep up with the community people will still bitch and be assholes. The good and old "try to please everybody".

No.627

>>622

They're bitching about the amount of dialogue in it ruining the scenes, making it look comedic, etc. Frankly, I don't see their point; I really like it.

No.650

>>622
does he also produce manga? image packs are such a waste of time and money

No.652

definitely

No.707

Any word on how Roku is doing lately?

No.731

File: 1552020328907.png (60.99 KB, 612x664, Roku Apple.png) ImgOps Google iqdb

>>707
He's visiting new york.

No.768

>>731
i see heis still looking for attention

No.801

>>768
he always try to attract attention.
What a bitch…

No.885

>>801
i will assume this is sarcasm and inform you that your pal roku dosent give a shit if u are his fan or not

No.894

>>768
>>801
Eat a dick anon.

No.895

>>894
Eat dick reversal.

No.902

>>894
stupit fanboys

No.907

entitled shitheads everywhere these days

No.920

You are aware this is a person we're talking about, right? With all the attention people are paying to mental health issues lately (which is a good thing) who the fuck are you to call him out for needing attention? Are you jealous that people care more about him then they do you? Get a fucking life.

No.921

>>920
Maybe you should.

No.922

>>920
are you going to call Roku to scold me?
please if i want to see drama i will tune in to "the days of our lives" or some shit
none like an ass licker

No.924

>>922
Don't have to be an asshole.

No.925

>>921 Wow, nice comeback. What are you, 12?
>>924 Yea, he does, it's the only way he gets any attention.

If you two hate roku this much why are you even on this thread? Move on and let the people who care about other people talk in peace

No.1247

He quit. Thoughts?

No.1248

>>1247
the world suffers from more important things
hope he is ok but yeah

No.1249

>>1247
it's probably for the better, you buried the lead https://rokudenashi666.tumblr.com/post/184572850356/hello-im-rokudenashi-there-is-important-news

he's apparently going to take some time to "retrain" and evolve his style which is honestly one of the biggest complaints people have had about his work (that his style isn't evolving) so ultimately this will probably be a good thing

patreon ruins all artists who get sucked into the cycle of pumping out garbage for a small echo chamber of people who blindly worship you

No.1258

>>he's apparently going to take some time to "retrain" and evolve his style which is honestly one of the biggest complaints people have had about his work (that his style isn't evolving)

Where does it need to evolve to though? Like what visually could he do better? Because even though I think continuing his break is fine comparing his past work years ago I don't see much lacking with his current work beyond using characters/scenarios I don't care for.

No.1263

>>1258
his art's gotten lifeless and samey (the same problems that just about every artist that goes on patreon experiences)

it seems like at least he has acknowledged that, and that basically whoring his art out to a very small echo chamber of people has directly harmed his mental health, so it's good that he's taking action to address that

No.1324

>>1263
>>1263
>his art's gotten lifeless and samey
This is just like, an opinion. I thought people used to follow an artist because they like the way it's art works. Some people keep throwing words like that but never adressess what they would like to see differently about his art.

The guy's art is fine, you guys are just mean.

No.1325

File: 1559347666193.png (128.26 KB, 638x480, jack_slouch.png) ImgOps Google iqdb

>>613
This is the internet. Once you upload something, you automatically lose the control of it, no matter how hard you try to impose greedy pay-walls. Incessant sharing never ruins something, and the uploader can only blame no one except himself.

No.1326

>>1325
>greedy pay walls
Dude, it's his career. It's more greedy that people beg for free art and leak it as soon as it drops to purposely fuck them out of making any money off of it.

I know you guys are used to free uploads on pixiv/twitter/tumblr and yaroufest/comiket scans, but that's not the same thing. When you screw over an artist selling their works over BOOTH/digiket/gumroad/patreon, you're pulling money straight out of their pocket for work they spend weeks creating.

No.1328

>>1325
Is this meant to be sarcastic? Lol

No.1330

>>1326
>Dude, it's his career.
Drawing for others online with paywalls while misusing Patreon is not something I would consider a "career", especially when this same "career" involves profiting off third-party copyrighted characters shamelessly with pay-walls.

> It's more greedy that people beg for free art and leak it as soon as it drops to purposely fuck them out of making any money off of it.

Do you know what "greedy" means? This isn't an act of greedy. Greediness would be one and only person begging for more and more of the thing he's interested for.

Your supposed "situation" is not fitting with the reality. One does leak pay-walled art in order to share it to others. One does that, in order to circumvent the paying requirement. You don't "purposely fuck them", as that is impossible, since the original artifact content that one produces is never lost, never robbed in the internet.

>you're pulling money straight out of their pocket for work they spend weeks creating.

I need you to explain exactly what his intention, before I say anything on this matter. Did he offered commissions slots to fill, and option to donate him? Or did he use Patreon to set up paywalls? Enlighten me, if you don't mind.

>>1328
Don't be a jerk like many other artists, please. Provide arguments.

No.1333

>>1330
>Drawing for others online…
Most of these artists make art their career or part of their career. They're doing the same thing on patreon as they would at yaroufest, the only difference being it reaches a broader audience and has more fan input. Using terms like paywall is misleading.

>Your supposed "situation"…

It's really entitled.

If an artist sells a doujin at a comic festival, usually it's something they will only sell in person at that event. When it's purchased and uploaded online, there's really no harm, no foul. They've already made the sale and the work is able to be retired unless it's resold later in higher quality.

When something like a patreon pack is leaked the same month it's released, it encourages people to download the leak and not support the artist at all. It fucks them over because you're redirecting business away from them while their work is still for sale.

You can word it anyway you like, but it doesn't change the fact that you're ripping the artist off because you don't feel like paying them for their work.

>I need you to explain…

You worded this really stupid. I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

No.1348

>>1330
>Drawing for others online with paywalls while misusing Patreon is not something I would consider a "career", especially when this same "career" involves profiting off third-party copyrighted characters shamelessly with pay-walls.
Is anyone else seeing the irony in this poster finding nothing wrong with piracy and then tries to be the moral police because artists are making a living through unconventional means?

No.1350

>>1348
a person with opposite ideas=confused person

No.1351

File: 1559789919195.jpg (75.58 KB, 950x577, poker_evil.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google iqdb

>>1325
>Incessant sharing never ruins something
Except when it cuts into the creator's revenue and dampens their desire to continue creating. The sheer disrespect alone is sometimes enough to make a creator understandably upset.
>Once you upload something, you automatically lose the control of it
Yes as is true, albeit in different capacities, for many other things in life and business as well. Take plants for instance; just like other inventions breeders can acquire patents for plants that are distinct and unique from species and cultivars that already exist. Plants are typically easy to propagate, that is why laws protecting the breeders rights are in place to prevent the rest of the world from cloning and distributing the plant that the breeder may have spent years creating. Id est it is illegal to 'copy and paste' plants which have been recently created/invented.

Redistributing another persons work without their permission is no less offensive than distributing free clones of a patented plant. Both are wrong, just because one is easier to do doesn't make it 'less wrong' and don't come back with a weak ass "bUt ItS tHe InTeRnEt" at least find a more creative way to justify your entitled ethics.

No.1352

>>1333
>If an artist sells a doujin at a comic festival, usually it's something they will only sell in person at that event. When it's purchased and uploaded online, there's really no harm, no foul. They've already made the sale and the work is able to be retired unless it's resold later in higher quality.

I mean…. no? While it depends a lot on the individual artist, do you know how long it can take to make a comic, doujin, or otherwise? Good quality ones might take several months of full-time work to complete depending on the quality and length. Serialized mangaka can churn things out faster because they have a team of linework artists and inkers, which is why weekly manga can be produced in Japan. But for an individual artist what has to do everything from the sketch to the lines to the color it takes much longer. That's a lot of money to make up for the labor that went into the work. The artist 'should' have no reason or obligation to release a higher quality version in order to continue recuperating money for the time spent on the original work. The artist is entitled to continue selling that work until they decide they do not wish to sell it, and may release it for free later. The only thing that would remove that artists right to distribute their work on their terms would be someone else releasing their work online 'because the artist got to sell a few at one event'.

No.1368

I read all the messages here and I sort of seeing things start to go off track. I think Roku-san was suffering something bad mentally.

Part of his sad tweets were talking about both at work and patreon-wise he feel like he reach this bottleneck where his current talent is getting no where(as in really lost in how can he improve).
Then the other part of it is quite concerning which involves he hates himself being gay and find it very hard to be gay in Japan. He would ask if everyone thinks he should see a psychiatrist. Then he shows concern about if he goes and company finds out about it etcetc…I think at the end he just left it and did nothing about it if I am not mistaken.

Then he would delete all the negative tweets and apologize for ever posting which makes me concerned the most. Like you wanted to speak up about your problems and you just denied all those feelings the next day.

Anyway, I would like to say he is no doubt a good artist.
However, good detailed art need to be created under a healthy body and soul. I just hope other artists who are feeling as dark as he is look after yourself. Try to appreciate what you are having now, find out what is good about yourself and grow it. Roku-san pulled it off as a successful patreon artists but he cannot handle the dark side of his life and now he is gone socially. Let's hope he will get okay one day and come back. I also hoped you guys can learn something from it.

No.1383

maybe he is doing for attention…who knows

[Return][Go to top] [Catalog] [Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ 2D / 3D / fur / mon / alt ] [ bc / ptr / rs ] [ dis / md ] [ Discord ] [ Telegram ]