[ dis ] [ 2D / 3D / fur / alt / ptr ] [ doujin / kemono ] [ rs ] [ etc / req / request ] [ Rules ]

/dis/ - Discussion

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Password (For file deletion.)

New boards, new rules, new stuff, oh my!
Please check out the 2017 news post: [Link]
PS: There has been an update to the previous news post, which you might want to check out

[Barachan@Telegram] | [Barachan@Discord] |

[Return][Go to bottom]

File: 1474546519233.jpg (19.13 KB, 320x258, 56436caa7144922c4f9bedf4_5….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google iqdb

No.5936

This thread is dedicated to answering general questions about the boards by Barachan users. Do not make an individual thread to ask general board questions such as why a thread was moved/deleted, does such and such content belong in what boards etc… Post them all here for answers and future reference for other users. I check this thread daily so feel free to ask anything you'd like clarification on right in this thread.

No.5952

I'll be monitoring this thread as well.

No.6027

when I will I get a bf

No.6029

Is there still an active forum around and what about that guy Tanz?
Personally I loved the time back at the bara.xibia forum. It had this nice feeling of secludedness and being close together. Even the sharing aspect was much better, afaicr everyone was contributing something one way or another. Nobody was afraid of sharing something specifically because that place wasn't publicly exposed as much as this board is.
So what about a forum?

No.6031

File: 1475168946078.png (339.58 KB, 500x500, cat.png) ImgOps Google iqdb

>>6029
The forum is still there but last I checked its not very busy: http://forum.barachan.org/

I don't know what happened to Tanz. He was the admin before Rexxar and Rexxar took control at some point like maybe 3 years ago.

I also miss the atmosphere on the boards some years ago, how busy it was and how many people contributed without that constant sense of entitlement we have now. But I think those days have gone by and what we have now is simply where things stand in the current climate. The Patreon model is big now, tumblr is big now and other places for folks to go as well so the community, if it was every a community, is much more fragmented outside of the boards.

These are still our boards though and we can make them into the best and strongest place to share and use like they always were. I think its a matter of us remembering that's the case again.

No.6116

File: 1475707327974.png (9 KB, 901x68, ss (2016-10-05 at 06.36.13….png) ImgOps Google iqdb

Might I suggest putting a big warning about requests/begging outside of /req/ here? It feels like it happens daily.

No.6120

>>6116
I'll pass it on to the admin.

No.6134

>>6116
We were considering adding a rules page, a la 4chan, but certain complications have made this impossible for now. We'll see what we can do, though.

No.6137

since trading has become a thing recently and sharing isn't happening that much anymore how about a separate section just for doing trades, like a trade corner or something?
i think that would actually work out pretty good and even breathe some more life into the sections focusing on getting doujinshi and perhaps even a separate section for commission services too.
as far as i can tell it's nowhere stated that barachan should be an all exclusive sharing place only.
Just a suggestion though

No.6149

>>6137
I'll forward this to the admin.

No.6164

How gay are you?

No.6171

>>6164
maximum gay

No.6190

File: 1476137696472.gif (1.57 MB, 332x332, tumblr_oei63g7vRi1smeq4yo1….gif) ImgOps Google iqdb

>>6164
You herd about hurricane Matthew? Guess whose bussy caused that? That's right mine. That's how gay baby grol. THAT gay.

No.6234

So the spam posts of you-know-what are back. Man… I can't use these boards with that craps around its horrifying.

Can anything be done? Captcha on all posts temporarily or something?

No.6244

>>6234
Yep, I'm done using Barachan for a while. This sort of shit shouldn't last beyond an hour at most when you could just put a fucking blacklist or filter over the link they're spamming, or the image file, anything, but nothing is done.

No.6247

>>6244
I have already contacted the admin about filtering the new wave of spam. Problem is that he isn't always on, so it'll take a bit to implement the filter.

No.6289

Why Barachan was down for the past few days?

No.6290

>>6289
I bet those bitches with the inappropriate content were the ones who did filed the take down. >:(

No.6313

>>6289
yooo rexxar/chiri/anonmod
answer this anons question pls
We're all wondering wtf happened

did barachan piss off some skids?

No.6368

>>6289
>>6290
>>6313
According to the telegram group it was all due to an accident. Servers got either badly damaged or destroyed.

No.6406

Why did the continuation of Akahachi's White Cream over Beef in the doujin thread get deleted?

No.6415

>>6406
because the poster felt like deleting it?

No.6440

why is it that this board cant be accessed on my side for about a week or more at times?

No.6445

>>6440
because "at times" the board is down due to various emergencies.
it affects all of us, not just you

No.6450

>>6445
ah. so that explains why the board is slow moving. also, checking if its down for me or not is lying to me. got it.

No.6466

Why /req is filled with furs? IS it allowed now?

No.6468

>>6466
why shouldn't it be allowed?
both /req/ and /request/ are general threads for requesting anything there is, no matter if human/furry/shota etc.

No.6485

File: 1479758896430.gif (841.43 KB, 500x281, tumblr_inline_ogchqv7iBy1r….gif) ImgOps Google iqdb

>>6466
/req/ is for all requests, its the request board, all of that goes there, if you don't like something use the hide command its that easy

>>6450
the board is not moving any different for me since it came back up

>>6445
the board has only been down once since it was remade and that's over now

No.6493

>>6485
>the board has only been down once since it was remade and that's over now

thats interesting. because its been a normal occurrence on my side that whenever i do pic dumps or made several posts, afterwards i cant access this board after a day or so lasting about a week to almost a month.

No.6520

>>6493
The board does cool downs after somebody posts several times in a row and it never goes beyond a few mins. That's the only issue we've ever had and its not really an issue as its a preventative measure to keep spamming down.

No.6678

How do you go about reporting something on this site? Somebody is posting spam links and there's no option to report it. It's posted on this board along with the 2D board.

No.6680

>>6678

click the checkbox on the left side of the post you want to report, fill out the text box labeled reason and hit report

No.6686

File: 1481137268761.png (820.23 KB, 1069x516, Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at ….png) ImgOps Google iqdb

>>6680
>>6678
Thank you for reporting the spam! I got rid of all of it just now. What the fuck is this? Pussy on a gay board? Make money fast? Who are these fools?

No.6691

>>6686
No problem! The links could have been viruses but who knows?

No.6697

> Your request looks automated; Post discarded.

Dafuq is dis? I wrote a highly detailed wall of text, that no bot can ever create, yet i can't post it because of your spam countermeasures.

No.6699

>>6697
Post from an incognito window, that always works for me when I get that.

No.6720

File: 1481398519880.jpg (151.24 KB, 880x728, tumblr_nt4mhj6h7A1rlaql2o4….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google iqdb

>>6691
Its spam so it doesn't belong here. Links are always suspect since the content should be getting posted on the boards itself not somewhere else.

>>6699
/fur/ mod material

No.6724

>>6720
Yeah, that's why I said "The links could have been viruses but who knows?"
And the spam post had been posted to this board and 2D when I saw it. I don't know if it had been posted to other ones but it was taken care of.

No.6728

>>6720
>/fur/ mod material

I would be interested

No.6736

File: 1481534792231.jpg (112.98 KB, 880x660, tumblr_nt4mhj6h7A1rlaql2o5….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google iqdb

>>6728
Reach out to the admin, I recommended you for mod of /fur/ like a year ago and several times since. You're the most active user, seem mature af to handle the responsibility and make most reports, might as well mod that board tbh.

No.6741

>>6736
What's his email?

No.6742

>>6741
I don't want to give out his direct email but to contact him try going in the telegram group and @ him and he should respond.

No.6745

File: 1481591316976.png (32.7 KB, 370x320, 14116464@2x.png) ImgOps Google iqdb

>>6742
Okay I sent him a message. Thanks for the help.
I also joined the group chat but I'm too shy to say anything lol

No.6746

File: 1481594179945.jpg (1.6 MB, 1197x1800, IMG_0307.JPG) ImgOps Exif Google iqdb

>>6745
Wonderful, I've put in a good word for you several times with the admin and I hope you get mod privileges for /fur/. Good luck.

No.6896

>>6895
You Harass board users all the time! You called someone fatso MIDST ARGUMENT. You told someone that they should have died in the pulse shooting. Your hypocrisy is REVOLTING. Wtf is wrong with you?! We're telling you stop being a terrible dick. That's all.

No.6897

And there is a pile of proof to show that we are not "witch hunting you". You are a terrible mod. You ban and lock at whim. When someone stands up to you, you ban them. You want an echo chamber, an assembly of people that agree with you. Whenever someone disagrees with you even the tiniest bit, you attack them. You literally told a poster that they were lying about their partner dying from cancer. Who does that? Yet you have the gall to accuse others of "shit posting" and "trolling". Do us all a favor, get a reality check, and look in the mirror.

No.6898

Picking up from >>6846:

I contacted Rexxar on the Barachan forums. Thank you for the pointer, >>6879.

>>6895
> 2B, this is your only warning: if you or any other user ever make another thread that revolves around harassing a board user I will ban you.

That works fine, I don't think any other user on this board has exhibited behavior as egregious as yours, certainly not enough to merit a callout. You should also perhaps take your own advice to heart, as you have used a great deal many threads as a platform to harass and bully users on here. >>3786 also started as a thread dedicated to bullying an individual, which you gleefully participated in, to the point of being the primary contributor, and so by a large margin.

> The only reason I didn't delete this thread and ban you on the spot was because the admin suggested otherwise.

Good, at least now I know someone with more power and better judgment than you is keeping you in check, if only for this specific instance.

Also, on a slightly different note, can we talk about >>6887 ? Like, do you literally just type what goes through your mind the moment you finish reading something that gives you an emotional reaction? Can you even control yourself when in that state? It's difficult to take you seriously when you get all authoritarian right after you exhibited an online tantrum on the maturity level of a high school girl.

No.6899

File: 1482882385290.jpg (13.53 KB, 255x183, 1468808421630.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google iqdb

Well we've been instructed to bring it here, so lets discuss it here.
>>6846
>2B calls out Chiri being a shit and abusing his mod powers, claiming Chiri himself is just a shitter who is immune to the very bans he dishes out.
>>6883
>Chiri responds and asks for proof of this.
>>6884
>2B provides several examples of Chiri absuing mod powers in events where he instigated things.
>>6895
>Chiri locks the thread and declares the matter closed despite giving zero rebuke or even comment on the examples of him seemingly abusing his mod powers and being a cunt; the reason given is citing a rule of not posting meta stuff outside this thread (a rule unsurprisingly made by Chiri himself).

So any further thoughts, anyone? For reference if 2B gets banned and his comment deleted, his apparent proof of Chiri being a shit is as follows:

>>6883
> I'm not surprised people like 2B dislike me. I think if he DID like me I'd be a bit scared and confused tbh.

The thing is, my issue with you lies specific with your recent behavior. I liked you when you genuinely tried to contribute to these threads, instead of starting fights with people you're holding grudges against, and I may very well like you again if you improve in the future. If I didn't think that were possible, I would not have tried to reach out to you in >>6771. It hurts me to see you make a mess of yourself here, and I don't think your behavior on these boards is how you act in person.

> Seriously though, go find one thread, I dare you, find a single thread on these boards where I go in JUST to derail

Sure thing:

>>6773 is a fairly recent example, where your post had absolutely no goal other than to derail your own thread into a shouting match, and succeeded in doing so. The post is not topical, nor does it enrich discussion in any conceivable manner.

>>6806 is another shitpost, one that tried to provoke Taro into arguing with you. Thankfully, he did not respond.

>>6521 has no relevance to the central topic and is a very blatant attempt at getting back at a user who lost confidence in you. That post successfully derailed the thread, and your other posts before that did not do much to contribute positively either.

>>3800 is probably a post everyone has seen by now. The original topic of that thread was bearlebrities, but it is now known as the BDSM thread, because you very forcefully steered the subject of conversation onto that, just so that you could rant against it. Not only did this post derail the thread, it completely transformed it into a heated debate spanning entire pages' worth of text, and concluding with a reflection upon your behavior on these boards, one that is still salient to this day.

Several of these posts were linked in the OP, by the way, so really, the problem isn't one of evidence, it's a problem of you refusing to acknowledge your own faults, itself an issue pointed out to you.

> Trolling is what you to every thread where a majority or even one person articulates well enough a perspective not like yours.

Putting aside the general sputtering incoherence of this sentence, along with the rest of that post, this definition of "trolling" is vapid as hell, and reflects your issues with what constitutes trolling. If trolling is simply what you accuse others of doing, rather than some objective thing everyone can reference, then you may as well flat-out admit to banning users on a whim, and maintaining double standards relative to your own behavior.

> This thread is a petty and vindictive stunt by misserable scorpio fag who got his feelings hurt which is like 63.4% of the drama and butthurt on the internet. The rest being libertarian aquariuses and cancer/pisces self loathing drama.

This sentence could have been marginally less ridiculous if not for the zodiac woo, which you disowned in another thread yet clearly hold onto as given truth. This isn't especially major, but I don't think portraying yourself as explicitly irrational, even ironically, really helps you convey your point.

Also, let's not with the appearance shaming. chiri's good-looking, that's not the issue with him, and if it were, it would not be worth making a thread about it. Merry Christmas, everyone, and may you dine tonight with friends and family.

{s}inb4 banned by either party{/s}

No.6934

Hey Chiri! Just wanna let you know that regex's Exif image searcher is now moved to http://exif.regex.info/

You should update the reverse image search link

No.6937

File: 1483143819018.png (943.06 KB, 1280x720, tumblr_my4tjuEV141s21v54o6….png) ImgOps Google iqdb

>>6934
Boom, thank you! I passed this on to the admin.

No.6960

Happy new years Bara Chan!!!!!
*Time zone diff may apply

No.6964

>>6899
This will probably be ignored and the Regina George card "Why are you so obsessed with me" will be put on the table and the board will continue to be shitty. Oh, and more rupaul gifs.

No.6980

yeah Abzu is pretty good but I had a large problem with it. It's basically "underwater journey". now i have no problem with that in concept but it's not really pushing forward creatively. you have a pretty visuals, cool music, nice pacing and mood…. and that's it. everything you did in journey but… underwater. so for me it felt like a really great retread of a game i already played. not bad but i wouldn't want to play another game like this without some forward creativity. Honestly I wish I could play this in VR it seems like the creative push it needs to not feel like journey 2.0.

No.6987

>>6898
>>6899
>>6964

Chiri has been suspended from moderation duty until further notice.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

And yes, I am still here, lurking around in the shadows, even if I don't post a whole lot.

No.6988

>>6987
I guess that's the best for everyone.

Geez 2016 was a year of drama, especially here. Am I right?

No.6992

>>6987

Thank you for the response! It's good to see you back, too. Do you usually lurk around just /dis/, or are there other sections you tend to gravitate towards?

Also, while we're on that topic, chiri issued a number of bans on here with some fairly questionable basis, e.g. >>6835 . Would it be okay if you checked his ban log?

>>6988

Yeah, 2016 was one hell of an emotional rollercoaster for a whole bunch of reasons. Who knows what 2017 will bring, but here's hoping it'll be more hot men.

No.6993

File: 1483463579559.jpg (85.62 KB, 625x468, c2192f9c1e4c9eb5c17e1f24af….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google iqdb

>>6987
thank you very much, for months chiri has degraded the user experience for a lot of people and I'm so glad it's finally over
seriously, he won't be missed as his negative actions surpass by far his contributions, and if the site needs another mod anyone else will be a better choice

No.6995

Which might as well. I was growing fearful of contributing here as chiri was willing to out posters' history to make drama.

>>6993
Rexxas said he just doesn't have mod privileges not a full ban so I'm guessing he still can post as normal. There is at least another mod out in the wild but he/she doesn't use a name.

No.7000

>>6992
I checked the activity log and the ban log. Most of the bans issued by him have expired by now.
The ones that have not were bans issued to CP spam bots.

No.7002

>>7000

That's good to know. Thank you for checking!

No.7010

File: 1483546182503.jpg (78.92 KB, 1920x800, maxresdefault.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google iqdb

>Chiri has been suspended from moderation duty until further notice.

OMG finally, we finally can wait for good things on 2017, I hope this decision can be permanent.

No.7034

>>6987
From the very day you asigned chiri as mod people were telling you he is bad, and i even suggested myself to be moderator instead of him, but you declined.
I wonder if you be as dismissive as before when you pick another mod.

No.7046

>>7034
If they have that kind of attitude I most certainly will.

No.7048

I deleted my guide from dis and instead posted it anew over at request >>>/request/9629
a lot of people were asking about a guide before and i thought either doujin or request would be a better place for it. perhaps even make it a sticky thread.
just a suggestion though

No.7051

>>7046
And that's all anyone can ask for, thank you. It actually feels safe and worthwhile to post again which is a nice change of pace.

No.7056

File: 1483964323334.png (41.26 KB, 532x466, download.png) ImgOps Google iqdb

I get this everytime I try to upload my pics. Any solution?

No.7058

>>7056
Try changing them from .png to .jpg

No.7059

>>7056
The image contains invalid data.
Usually this means you saved it with the wrong file extension, so try what and_is_w suggested.

I have changed the error message to be a little less cryptic now, so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

No.7065

File: 1484072501403.png (3.64 KB, 500x500, 1461329355176.png) ImgOps Google iqdb

>>7058
>>7059
I changed the file extension, and it seems like it worked. I don't remember changing the file extension in the first place, which is weird, but thanks for the help.

>I have changed the error message to be a little less cryptic now, so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Oh, no problem.

No.7076

>>7065
> I don't remember changing the file extension in the first place, which is weird

It's possible that you didn't. Most image viewers doesn't care about file extension, that includes the image viewers built into browsers, they go by what's inside the file. As such, displaying a JPEG renamed to image.png works just fine.

So it's entirely possible that someone downloaded a JPEG file and saved it as image.png, then uploaded it, and then you saved it. And since as mentioned, most image viewers don't care, you wouldn't really notice. Unless of course the site looks into the uploaded file more deeply (Imgur does for example), but even then they usually just silently change the extension, as to not confuse people with big scary words like "File Extension".

However these boards does pipe up, as to avoid people circumventing file restrictions for whatever reason (eg. uploading virus.exe renamed to image.jpg and then telling people to run it in a command window), and also prevents the thumbnail generator from going batshit insane as it tries to generate a thumbnail of archive.zip pretending to be image.png.

Delete Post [ ]
[Return] [Go to top]
[ dis ] [ 2D / 3D / fur / alt / ptr ] [ doujin / kemono ] [ rs ] [ etc / req / request ] [ Rules ]