[ 2D / 3D / fur / mon / alt ] [ bc / ptr / rs ] [ dis / md ] [ Discord ] [ Telegram ]

/dis/ - General Discussion

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
FilePermitted files: JPG, PNG, MP4, WebM. (Why not GIF?)
Use the following services to convert GIFs: MP4 WebM
Password (For file deletion.)

File: 1566780211232.jpg (2.74 MB, 2480x4561, M_A (10).JPG) ImgOps Exif Google iqdb

No.1548

Pic unrelated but same reaction to all the trade threads for me -.- . Can we move all the stupid trade threads from /rs to either /ds or at least limit them? there's like 4 different threads in the first 2 pages and they kill off actual genuine requests threads without actually contributing anything

No.1550

File: 1566797434081.png (51.03 KB, 552x640, 1484726363265.png) ImgOps Google iqdb

>>1548 There used to be a dedicated Trade thread made by Rexxar here…

https://web.archive.org/web/20171130111125/http://boards.barachan.org/dis/res/7142.html

I could make a new one and get it pinned, maybe even in the request board. What do you think?
If anyone is curious, those trading threads are here…
>>>/rs/9001
>>>/rs/8989
>>>/rs/8984
>>>/rs/8824
>>>/rs/8593
>>>/rs/8369
>>>/rs/8044
>>>/rs/6713
>>>/rs/5

No.1554

File: 1566800592120.jpg (590.35 KB, 2430x2927, Rexxar's Thoughts On Trade….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google iqdb

>>1548
>>1550 Rexxar also commented on it here…

https://web.archive.org/web/20171217160453/http://boards.barachan.org/dis/res/7091.html#q7124

<Rexxar> Well the people who are here for doujins also doesn't want to come here only to have every other thread be cluttered with "I'll trade ya <this> for <that> but only if you promise not to share with anyone".

<DK> Plus I assume linking/referring to an existing trade thread is also not allowed, right?

<Rexxar> Correct. There will only be one thread for all that stuff.

<DK> I suggested this before but how about a separate trade section, /trade/ ?

<Rexxar> Honestly, I'm not a fan of the whole "Secret club of trades" thing, and creating an entire board dedicated to keeping content from the public goes against what I want for the board. Hell it's against why I made the board to begin with. If people desperately want a clubhouse where they can do private trades they are more than welcome to buy a domain and server, and host the site themselves with their own money.

<DK> Or just one single sticky thread for all users that want to do trades within the doujin sections.

<Rexxar> Maybe. But considering that the thread will have exactly zero posted content, just a lot of text posts with people talking about what doujin they are willing to trade for what doujin, it fits a lot better on the section that's dedicated to text posts and discussions, namely /dis/.

<Anon> Oh god, finally some light on this issue. I think trading should be prohibited since it is against of what the board os meant in first place.

<Rexxar> I won't be entirely prohibiting it, no. They'll get a thread, that's it. I feel that's a good balance between yes and no.

No.1556

>>1548
>they kill off actual genuine requests threads
How so?
>without actually contributing anything
Lots of unfulfilled request threads contribute something?

Please elaborate, because your whole point seems to be that you are just upset that you don't get rewarded for doing nothing

No.1557

Pssst, hey OP, what's the source of the thread pic?

Google pic search brings up nothing.

No.1558

File: 1566902950470.jpg (454.53 KB, 1280x1811, tumblr_pgdtuiZeCD1x4dv5uo3….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google iqdb

>>1557 It's "Master and Audec" by Aenaluck…. https://www.patreon.com/Aenaluck

I made a Patreon thread with more links of her here…

http://boards.barachan.org/ptr/res/12578.html

Good luck. :)

No.1559

>>1550
if you know a mod, maybe you could get them to delete the CP spam on this board and on /3d/?

No.1560

>>1559
Seriously what CP? A woman isnt CP. The fact that people keep acting like it is is stupid. I dont think it should be here simply because its women and this is a Bara forum. But seriously. Its not CP I just checked. They are adults. The fact that you are seeing CP where there is none only shows that /you/ are thinking about CP.
Stop it. Get some help.

No.1561

>>1560
underdeveloped genitals + no pubic hair = assumed CP, please go troll elsewhere

No.1568

>>1556
There are literal threads where content was shared 5 months after the original request. Please shut the fuck up and shove your trade requests up the ass. Trading is just as bad and I'm pretty sure Masanori and Tagame aren't going to approve someone trading theirs doujin to get a free works. The original aim for this board was and has always been free sharing of content. If you're ready to download a doujin that was freely shared by someone but bitch about others when they request free shares, you're a hypocrite

@ Dedicated Trade Thread Barachan "archiver" yes that would reduce a lot of clutter please do

No.1569

>>1568
please don't bitch about this any longer, you simply have no argument.
trading isn't ruining anything. it's just a handful of people that do.
there are 2.5k members at the discord channel, therefore this board's traffic should allow for a great number of people sharing plenty of stuff.
how about instead of bitching about how you won't get stuff for free invest some time into buying stuff and share yourself? always give first before you're allowed to take

No.1570

>>1568 I'll see about coming up with a standard format for posting. It can look like this…

1… Link or picture of collection.
2… Email address or Discord link.
3… Request for comic or art pack.

Then each reply can be just a post number then email or Discord. What does everyone think?

If anyone is curious, Rexxar's old rule #17 says, "Posts related to private trading of images, comics, doujins or otherwise should be restricted to the dedicated thread on /dis/. Going into a request or content thread and suggesting trades will be considered drama baiting and will result in a ban." >>>/dis/1320

He also posted here… >>>/rs/904

No.1571

>>1568
you (and others probably too) seem to think that somehow trading "hinders" sharing taking place. how can that be?
people just decide not to share, simple as that.
personally i like to have this extra option, but like usual when i'm low on cash i stick to request a book and hope that somebody shares

>>1570
>Going into a request or content thread and suggesting trades will be considered drama baiting and will result in a ban
it's not drama baiting but it sure is annoying as hell. that shouldn't be allowed
>Posts related to private trading of images, comics, doujins or otherwise should be restricted to the dedicated thread on /dis/
trading threads should not got into /dis/ imho
if you take trading threads out of the sections that are all about doujin, /rs/ /md/ /bc/ , people wouldn't notice at all. it's just fact that trading has become an essential part of imageboards.
would be a lucrative idea to implement a section mainly about acquiring doujin with more of substantial methods (trading, proxy service, scanning service etc.)

No.1573

>>1571
the trading thread could be either here or in /rs/ as long as there is a containment thread for it

No.1574

>>1569
OR you could make your own sharing board and stop depending on people that come here waiting for things to be shared, how about that? For all that counts, you are also bitching. Just sayan.

No.1575

>>1569
"trading isn't ruining anything"

Umm yea it definitely is ruining a board made for sharing and requesting free content when there are 10 different trade threads killing off legitimate share requests. THE BOARD EXISTS FOR SHARING. NOT 10 DIFFERENT TRADE THREADS.

"always give first before you're allowed to take"
LMAO are you saying anytime you download or view a leaked CG set or leaked doujin someone generously shared for free, you also upload something or send the uploader a free doujin from your collection? If you don't then please shut the fuck up. You're a hypocrite.

Nothing worse than people who want to privately trade doujins come up on request threads to write shit like "Oh I have this set but I can only trade for this other ultra rare set. If anyone wants it for free then you're a leech lol I'm a saint!" No you're a sorry excuse of a human. Don't tell people asking free stuff to stop whining and asking for free stuff. This boards exists for this very reason and traders have no issues enjoying any of the free stuff which some generous people leak.

Now if only a mod could make one thread for trading and move all the spam from /rs

No.1576

>>1571
No problem with trades as long as they don't spam the /rs board with a new thread for each trader which is what is happening. A single thread for all traders on /rs is fine but every trader somehow ends up making a new thread instead of replying to one of the already existing thread so we need mod interference now. I don't have any bad feelings for traders. The problem is when they come up with this "I'm better than you leeches" attitude and tell the request making people to "buy it yourself". The boards were made for free sharing content not for traders to come in and give us attitude and kill off request threads because no one shared in 10 days.

No.1577

>>1576
There's a huge sense of irony that we're arguing about the principles and purity of stealing content from artists and then offering it for free versus trading others for it.

No.1578

>>1577
I thought he was just arguing that they should be moved from the request board or at least contained to one thread instead of it being spammed.

No.1579

>>1577
this is literally exploitative capitalism vs mutual anarchism

No.1581

question:
does anybody here truly believe that if trading were to be completely removed from barachan, sharing would actually increase?
or is it more like that sharing isn't happening so much simply because people just choose not to share?

No.1586

>>1581
maybe in a few years, but the damage has already been done by the toxicity that it has created

No.1588

question…is it allowed to sell private commisions? (if artist say yes)

No.1597

File: 1569145650978.jpg (169 KB, 2353x1225, Trading Toxicity.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google iqdb

I made a Trading thread here… http://boards.barachan.org/rs/res/9655.html

>>1586 Toxicity. ;)

No.1599

I still think a separate section for trades and/or pick-up services would be better, like /tr or /svc
many trades you just cannot wrap up in just one single post.
What is Rexxar saying about this anyways?
And should this single thread for all the many trades going on really become a permanent thing, at least make it a sticky thread.

No.1601

>>1599
Considering the fact that there's still spambot posts sitting here for over a month now, it's pretty likely he just abandoned the board altogether.

No.1608

>>1550
>>1568
>>1570
>>1575
>>1597
>>1601 My Trade thread got deleted, but not by bumping. The oldest bumps are from Aug. and my thread was 4 days old (Sept. 22).
>>>/rs/8201 >>0 >>>/rs/8223 >>0 >>>/rs/8328 >>0 >>>/rs/8460

Here is the archived version (before 3 more posts)…
https://web.archive.org/web/20190922221341/http://boards.barachan.org/rs/res/9655.html

Did I do something wrong?

No.1611

>>1581
Ok, do the math, people used to buy stuff and share waiting for people to buy other stuff and share too. Fun had for all.

Now people buy and hold to it, waiting to trade with someone that also have some other stuff that will never be shared because can be used for trading. So do you still think that this kind of shit is not anti sharing?

No.1616

>>1611
How about you do the math?

Just because *a very little few* decide to
>Now people buy and hold to it, waiting to trade with someone that also have some other stuff that will never be shared because can be used for trading
does *not* mean that *everybody else* can still
>people used to buy stuff and share waiting for people to buy other stuff and share too. Fun had for all.

No.1620

>>1616
Hey, you started making assumptions based on little to know proper proof. I'm just following your lead.

No.1625

>>1616
Please look for paraphrasing and hyphotesis on google anon, it can save a life sometimes.

No.1627

>>1620
truth is people can always share stuff, no matter what.
the fact that a few individuals are trading is completely irrelevant.
people that want to share, they just do it. it just so happens that most people don't want to.
trading never stops sharing from happening, but sharing stops trading to happen.
>>1625
hope you are well

No.1628

>>1627
Imagine being that annoying kid on school that keeps bragging about having an amazing toy and that it will not share because you should ask your parents to buy the same toy to you.

No.1629

>>1627
>the fact that a few individuals are trading is completely irrelevant.

No it is not, once you are here enjoying stuff people are sharing without any demands but you will only contribute if people give you something that a few people have, with the lame excuse that you are helping the artist, but in reality you are just being a selfish cunt.

No.1630

My favorite part about only trading is that when someone claims they are better because they arent sharing it.
You're still illegally letting someone else get it without paying. You're still just as much a pirate as the rest of us, you are just trying to play the high horse card and act like you're better, but its literally the same thing except less people are going to enjoy the art now.

No.1631

All those self-entitled little shitheads complaining all the time because stuff won't get shared at all or at least not right away or stuff that does get shared just simply isn't enough so they're demanding more. Now with this trading happening, they continue to whine ontop of their regular bitching because once again they don't get stuff for free. But funnily enough, never ever does anyone of them consider to actually share something themselves. No wonder people don't want to share their bought stuff in such a toxic environment. Trading has actually been around all the time, just not that obvious. It's just become a bit more noticable nowadays, thanks to cause-and-effect.

No.1632

>>1628
trading is more like people trading their cards of a trading card game with each other at school. you have to buy your own cards first in order to do so though.

No.1633

>>1632
Yes, couldn't you make like two or three stacks and play with your friends and get it back in the end and all of you have fun? I mean, the cards are still yours.

>>1631
That is not the point. The point is that people that trade also can be big shitheads self inserting them on request threads or like everywhere dangling their "new recently bought stuff" but only for a price. Trades are like vegans. Things would be pretty ok if you guys just kept yourselves your lane. Wow, imagine how entitled you are for requesting something, in the request section, in a SHARING board.

No.1635

>>1631
>self-entitled little shitheads
> bitching because once again they don't get stuff for free
>people don't want to share their bought stuff in such a toxic environment.

You keep coming in threads like this with these one liners for like a decade, just give up already.

No.1636

>>1630
THIS.

No.1638

>>1633
self inserting in other's request threads and bragging about what they got, that is despicable. that really should be gotten rid of completely. but traders who only post requests to do a trade in their own trading threads without bothering anybody, that's not problematic at all.
>Wow, imagine how entitled you are for requesting something, in the request section, in a SHARING board
it gets problematic when people only come to a sharing board not to share, but to grab freebies.
>>11630
i've never seen anybody claim that they are better because they do trades.
trading and sharing both share the one thing that artists lose money on sales. the difference though are the numbers, which are excruciatingly different for each of them. sharing things publicly, i'd say artist loses probably tens of thousands of sales. trading things, probably 20-50 lost sales. so in a way trading is indeed "better" but you should probably call it "incredibly less damaging" to artist.

No.1650

>>1638
>it gets problematic when people only come to a sharing board not to share, but to grab freebies.
How can you put every people in the same bascket when you just admitted that there is rotten people in both sharing and trading fields?
>i've never seen anybody claim that they are better because they do trades.
You say that as you proceed to tiptoe around and come with made up numbers to try to say that trading is somehow better than sharing. Just shut up already.

No.1651

>>1650
are you embarrassingly trying to nit-pick and dismiss now because you simply cannot make a valid point?

No.1652

>>1651
And since when >>1638 made a valid point? All it did was to make up shit to try to look less annoying.

No.1653

>>1651
I'm sorry anon, what is even the valid point? I think I must be missed it too.

No.1662

the valid point is that trading does not ruin sharing by any means, since it all comes down to choice.
a very few people choose to rather trade instead of share just as much as the majority of people coming here rather want to leech instead of share even though this is still a sharing board.

No.1666

>>1662
This looks more like an opinion than a point, but go off I guess…

No.1667

You guys cant stop trading in general as people will just find different places to do it besides here.and even if its gone all there will be in /rs is "bump for this" or other requests being ignored for months on end just to be deleted or just forgotten in general

No.1670

File: 1571589867915.jpg (143.74 KB, 2401x1250, Request Fulfilled by Barac….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google iqdb

>>1667 Many threads had their requests fulfilled…

>>>/rs/455 >>0 >>>/rs/1096 >>0 >>>/rs/2633

>>>/rs/2849 >>0 >>>/rs/3554 >>0 >>>/rs/3967
>>>/rs/4079 >>0 >>>/rs/4694 >>0 >>>/rs/5356
>>>/rs/6485 >>0 >>>/rs/6905 >>0 >>>/rs/8030
>>>/rs/8364 >>0 >>>/rs/8798 >>0 >>>/rs/8746
>>>/rs/8796 >>0 >>>/rs/9426 >>0 >>>/rs/9597
>>>/rs/9976 >>0 >>>/rs/10166 >>0 >>>/rs/10604

No.1674

The point is not to ban trading in /rs but to LIMIT THEM TO ONE SINGLE POST.

Its stupid that each trader is posting a separate post in /rs board and self inserting on legitimate request posts asking for trades because they 'have' it. The flaunting needs to fucking die.

You don't need separate trade posts for all 50 different active traders. You just need 1 big post

No.1675

>>1674
You can try that but that still doesnt help us people without trades

No.1676

>>1674
I don't think that would work. There was one single trading thread some time ago and it was just chaos in there because you cannot cram your whole trade into one single post.
I say we'd try what the late kemonochan did: have an entire separate section for anything "obtaining doujin"
There'd be insanely high traffic of people seeking to buy books, trade books, commission books etc. etc.
>self inserting into request threads and flaunting
Yes, that has to stop! Nobody wants that

>>1675
What kind of help are you expecting? You know that you really cannot force people to share what you are requesting, right?

[Return][Go to top] [Catalog] [Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ 2D / 3D / fur / mon / alt ] [ bc / ptr / rs ] [ dis / md ] [ Discord ] [ Telegram ]